We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Key Events and Client Side Error

Hello,

I would really appreciate any help with the following two issues I have with the Web Diagram:

1) Key Down/Up/Press events
The key up/down/press events do not seem to fire for my diagram which has EnableCallbacks set to true. This would not be an issue (and actually things would work even better) if a custom callback could be called for the diagram from the client side. Putting the diagram inside a callback control is, however, out of the question, as there is some other functionality which does not work then.

2) Client Side Error
When the web diagram is placed on a web page which is loaded in an i-frame which is loaded in a user control or a dialog, a client error of “Can’t move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus” is generated. Following this, focus cannot be received by the web diagram; no scrolling or selecting is possible. In previous versions there was a client script that was registered in code to set the focus to the web diagram on page load. I do not know whether this has now been incorporated into the control itself? Is there perhaps a property (something like FocusOnLoad = False) which can be set so this client error does not occur?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Monica

5 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team June 16, 2008 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Monica ,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1. Regarding the Key events:

I was able to see this issue in v6.3.0.8. I will consult with our developers and I will get back to you with more details regarding this issue on or before 20th June 2008.

2. Client Side Error

It is hard to trace why this exception is arising without seeing it in a live application. We have searched our support database for any mention of this problem, and your incident was the only hit. This is a new one for us.

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this exception? Can you reproduce it in one of our samples? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it.

We appreciate your patience, and Thank you for the interest shown in syncfusion Product.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions regarding this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Nagaraj

MO Monica Oberholzer June 19, 2008 12:54 PM UTC

Dear Nagaraj,

Thank you kindly for your response.

Regarding point 2. -

I have put together a small test project to demonstrate the issue. There is a little problem however: in our project we use some controls from Component Art. I was not able to recreate the client side error with normal ASP controls. The problem is that our whole project uses the CA tab strip together with a Multipage control to structure the application and it is the CA Multipage which causes the issue (In the attached project, if the placeholder control in Default.aspx is moved outside of the Multipage control, the error does not occur). We did some tests with an earlier version of Syncfusion (version 5.1) in the same environment and with this version the error did not occur. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Kind regards,
Monica

DiagramWebApplication_3629a1a4.zip

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 4, 2008 06:18 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

1. Server side key events are not getting fired.

I have consulted with our developers and it seems to be defect. Our developers are currently working on this issue. I will get back to you with more details regarding the status of this defect on 8th July,2008.

2. Client side error:

I was able to see this issue in v6.2.0.40. I will consult with our developers regarding this issue and I will get back to you with more details on 8th July, 2008.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 14, 2008 01:43 PM UTC

Hi ,

I have consulted with our developers and it is conformed as a defect. Our developers are currently working on this issue with high priority. We will fix this issue at the earliest and the fix will be availbal on July 18. I will get back to you with more details regarding this fix on or before July 18th , 2008.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Nagaraj

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 31, 2008 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Michael ,

Client side Error:

This issue has been resolved in our latest version. You can download our latest development build(v6.3.0.33) from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/Build.aspx

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current,you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com

Please let me know if you have any problem in this version.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon