We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MultiColumnComboBox and AutoScrolling

In a MultiColumnComboBox, if I have scrolling enabled (vertical scroll bar is visible) and I'm hovering over the bottom-most visible item in the drop down list - maybe an item that's half visible, then the list scrolls exessively fast.
Is there a way to disable this kind of sutomatic scrolling? Although I still want to enable vertical scrolling if the user uses the scrollbar.

thanks,
Mark

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 16, 2008 09:41 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue mentioned here. Please try reproducing the issue in the shipped sample from the below location that will help me to have a closer look into this issue.

\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\ Version\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Editors Package\MultiColumnComboBox

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 16, 2008 09:53 PM UTC

My apologies -
I'm seeing this problem when using a GridListControl cell type in a GridDataBoundGrid.
It looks like the GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer's autoscroll properties can be accessed like this:
renderer.ListControlPart.Grid.AllowScrollCurrentCellInView = GridScrollCurrentCellReason.Any;

...but if the flag isn't "Any" then we don't get the autoscrolling when we do want it - like when the user types in a new value, the drop down should autosynch/scroll to it or whatever. Just not when we're hovering.

>Hi Mark,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue mentioned here. Please try reproducing the issue in the shipped sample from the below location that will help me to have a closer look into this issue.

\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\ Version\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Editors Package\MultiColumnComboBox

Regards,
Jaya

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team June 26, 2008 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this issue.

This issue can be solved by handling the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event. Please refer the code:

void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellShowingDropDown(object sender, GridCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs e)
{
GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell;
GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer cr = (GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer)cc.Renderer;
cr.ListControlPart.Grid.VScrollPixel = false;
}

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon