We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

MultiColumnComboBox and AutoScrolling

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

74409 Jun 11,2008 03:37 PM Jun 26,2008 08:00 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On June 11, 2008 03:37 PM

In a MultiColumnComboBox, if I have scrolling enabled (vertical scroll bar is visible) and I'm hovering over the bottom-most visible item in the drop down list - maybe an item that's half visible, then the list scrolls exessively fast.
Is there a way to disable this kind of sutomatic scrolling? Although I still want to enable vertical scrolling if the user uses the scrollbar.

thanks,
Mark

Replied On June 16, 2008 05:41 AM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue mentioned here. Please try reproducing the issue in the shipped sample from the below location that will help me to have a closer look into this issue.

\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\ Version\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Editors Package\MultiColumnComboBox

Regards,
Jaya

Replied On June 16, 2008 05:53 PM

My apologies -
I'm seeing this problem when using a GridListControl cell type in a GridDataBoundGrid.
It looks like the GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer's autoscroll properties can be accessed like this:
renderer.ListControlPart.Grid.AllowScrollCurrentCellInView = GridScrollCurrentCellReason.Any;

...but if the flag isn't "Any" then we don't get the autoscrolling when we do want it - like when the user types in a new value, the drop down should autosynch/scroll to it or whatever. Just not when we're hovering.

>Hi Mark,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue mentioned here. Please try reproducing the issue in the shipped sample from the below location that will help me to have a closer look into this issue.

\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\ Version\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Editors Package\MultiColumnComboBox

Regards,
Jaya

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 26, 2008 08:00 AM

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this issue.

This issue can be solved by handling the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event. Please refer the code:

void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellShowingDropDown(object sender, GridCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs e)
{
GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell;
GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer cr = (GridDropDownGridListControlCellRenderer)cc.Renderer;
cr.ListControlPart.Grid.VScrollPixel = false;
}

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;