We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MainFrameBarManager Refreshing

Hi Syncfusion team,
I m a software Engg, now a days evaluating different GUI components, got syncfusion couple of days back. I like you components so i started developing some demos for myself and for our clients,During that i am unable to do some things (Most probably my understanding issues)
please do guide me in this regards.
Questions are as follows:

1. I want to use the standard Menu of vs 2005 and beside that I want to use toolstrips of syncfucion. Now when ever i apply toolstrip of syncfusion on the form where i have standard menu it always place itself above the menu. How can I place it below the Menu? One of the main reason of use standard menu is that I dont want to allow Toolbar strip to be place above the menu(Main Menu).

2. I came across a senerio that i have compeleted my Main Menu (Menu of syncFusion) and executed the application it works fine. but then i added some other Baritems in that menu. At design time, It was showing me the newly added Menus as well but when i run they disappears ( Shows the previous state ). Then I manual go to the location where vs 2005 store user confir file and deleted some file ( which i was thinking my old file).Now we i executed the syncfusion demo ( which i developed) it mysticious start showing me my newly added menus. Now again i have added a new toolstrip and its baritem but its again showing me new added item at design time but dont show me at run time. Please explain me how it can be refreshed? P.S. I have check by reloading the project i wont works.

3. Can i add Menu and toolstrip Seperator at design time? if so me guide me the procedure. I have done that at run time ( through coding) but wants to add at design time.

Regards,
maverick

3 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team June 6, 2008 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Maerick,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

1. I am not able to see the problem when I add ToolStripEx and VS2005 MenuStrip on the form. If you still see the problem, you can change the order by right clicking ToolStripEx in designer and select "Bring To Front".

2. I am not clear about the controls used in the (2) case. Are you using Syncfusion MainframebarManager and ToolStripEx?

3. You can add separator through designer in two ways - a) using SeparatorIndices editor b) just right on any barItem in designer and select "Begin a group" to insert a separator.

http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug_63/toolswin/AddingSeparators.html

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Best Regards,
Mano

MA Maverick June 9, 2008 06:31 AM UTC

@ point 1.
I think i couldn't convey my point to you the scenario is something like that i am open a new form (vs 2005 standard form). then i dropped a standard Menu Strip on the form. and after that i dropped a MainFrameManager (By syncfucion) on the form. and add a tool bar and its commands.
Now what happens at the design is that the Main FrameManager places the toolbar above the Menu strip which i dont want.
Please guide me how to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Maverick.

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team June 13, 2008 05:35 PM UTC

Hi Maverick,

Sorry for the delay. You have to set InternalDocking property to true.

this.mainFrameBarManager.InternalDocking = true;

Thanks,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon