We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Showing Foreigns in non ComboBox cell types

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

74194 Jun 3,2008 11:54 AM UTC Jun 4,2008 01:29 PM UTC WinForms 2
Tags: GridControl
William McSporran
Asked On June 3, 2008 11:54 AM UTC

Hi,

I want to use a GridDataBoundGrid to show read only data to my users. To show data from related tables I'm using the standard ComboBox cell type and setting it's datasource, etc. and this works. However the user can still drop down the combobox, even though they can't actually change the values.

This will cause confusion; I'd rather the user wasn't shown the combobox at all. I've tried using different cell types, but they simply show the value of the foreign key field rather than the lookup value from the related table.

Is there a way to achieve what I'm looking for?

I'm using Syncfusion Essential Studio 2008.

thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 3, 2008 06:33 PM UTC

The GridStyleInfo object has a ShowButtons property that you can use to hide buttons. So, depending upon wether you have explicitly added GridBoundColumns or not, you would use code like:

gridDataBoundGrid1.GridBoundColumns["ColName"].StyleInfo.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.Hide;

or

gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InternalColumns["ColName"].StyleInfo.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.Hide;

William McSporran
Replied On June 4, 2008 01:29 PM UTC

That fixed it!

Thanks.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;