We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Showing Foreigns in non ComboBox cell types

Hi,

I want to use a GridDataBoundGrid to show read only data to my users. To show data from related tables I'm using the standard ComboBox cell type and setting it's datasource, etc. and this works. However the user can still drop down the combobox, even though they can't actually change the values.

This will cause confusion; I'd rather the user wasn't shown the combobox at all. I've tried using different cell types, but they simply show the value of the foreign key field rather than the lookup value from the related table.

Is there a way to achieve what I'm looking for?

I'm using Syncfusion Essential Studio 2008.

thanks

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2008 06:33 PM UTC

The GridStyleInfo object has a ShowButtons property that you can use to hide buttons. So, depending upon wether you have explicitly added GridBoundColumns or not, you would use code like:

gridDataBoundGrid1.GridBoundColumns["ColName"].StyleInfo.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.Hide;

or

gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InternalColumns["ColName"].StyleInfo.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.Hide;

WM William McSporran June 4, 2008 01:29 PM UTC

That fixed it!

Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon