We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to localize a floating window

Hi

We are currently evaluating Syncfusion and we encountered a strange issue.

To do the localization dynamically we use an algorithm that recursively call ApplyResource on mainform control child.

When a window state changed from docked to floating, there is a new hidden form that is created that host this window that is no more a descendant of the mainform.

As the link to the mainform is removed on the floating window the algorithm does not recurse on its child controls.

How can I retrieve this hidden floating form to apply the same algo ?

We were looking on DockingManager properties and somes looked promising but there are not public.

We are using 6.2 and we are in the process of purchasing syncfusion essential tools.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2008 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Karim,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Localizing Float window

Can you please refer the shipped sample from the below location that demonstrates on localizing docked windows. Localization will also apply when you change the docked state to FloatWindow.

\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\ 6.2.0.40\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Localization Demos\LocalizationDemo

Please refer the sample and let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 5, 2008 05:34 PM UTC

Thank you for your answer. The demo is not an example of dynamic localization.

I found a temporary fix.

I use the docking manager ControlsArray collection that contains all dockable controls (for an instance). The code looks like this where DynamicCultureChange is a recursive method on all children controls.
It works but if I could get all the floating user controls or form it will be more efficient. Any idea ?

foreach (Control ctrl in this.dockingManager1.ControlsArray) // browse dockable controls (forms & user control)
{
if ((this.dockingManager1.IsFloating(ctrl)) && (ctrl is UserControl))
{
// If there are floating localize them as they will not be localized as a mainform descendant
ExtendedCultureInfo.DynamicCultureChange(ctrl);

}
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon