We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using XLSIO Component to generate Excel sheets as attachments within Email

Hi There

In one of my projects, I've been using a trial version of XLSIO component for both Web based application and Windows Service. The XlsIO.Web component generates an Excel Sheet from a dataset and sends an Excel sheet to the browser.

However, my application runs a set of nightly jobs and sends out emails to users with an Excel Sheet as an attachment. I tried to use the XlsIO.Windows component to generate the Excel Sheet within the Windows Service (My service interacts with the desktop).

However, my application event logs records the following exception and no email is sent.

Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

My Dev environment is VS 2008 and the target framework is MS.NET 2.0. The version of XlsIO I'm using is 6.202.0.40

Is there some way I can bypass this exception? Am I missing something?

TIA

Raghu Penumarthi

1 Reply

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team June 2, 2008 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Raghu,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

In order to build a project developed with Syncfusion assemblies in Windows application, you need to have licenses.licx file with an entry for Syncfusion assemblies (Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core) along with your application. You can also just include this below file(licenses.licx) in your project and set it as an embedded resource and recompile your application:

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/licenses_69f6304.zip

Please try adding this licx file and let me know if the issue still exists.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon