We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Caption Buttons for Floated Windows?

I was able to add custom caption buttons to the title bar of docking windows. However, when the docking window is floated, all title bar buttons disappear and only the 'X' button is left. I need to have the custom caption button also show up when the docking window is floated. How can I do this?

10 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team May 30, 2008 05:57 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Currently we don't have custom caption support for the floating forms. But it is one of the priority features that we have planned to implement in future releases.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Mano

DS Dave Schmid August 21, 2008 02:25 PM UTC

Is there any progress on this issue? It is becoming a problem for us. If this feature will not be added soon, could you give some hints on how I might work around this?

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team August 25, 2008 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your patience.

Our developers are working with high priority in implementing this feature and this will be avalible with our next weekly development build. We will get back to you with more details once the development build is available for download.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

DB Denis Barnard February 10, 2009 12:02 AM UTC

Just adding that I too am waiting for this feature. Having the custom buttons on only docked windows is a bit ... lame :p

Dave, just to update you on the feedback I recently received via Direct-Trac:

"We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases."

So I hope you haven't been waiting all this time since May, but if you have hope might be on the horizon :)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2009 08:34 PM UTC

I'm planning to add a custom button too. We actually made the control floating by default because we want to give the user the freedom to dock as per the need. I observe that there is only 'X' button and only upon docking, other caption buttons show up.

Is this feature in place ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2009 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Murali ,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

The feature 'Custom caption support for the floating forms' is expected to be available in our next Essential Studio 2009 Volume 2 major release which is scheduled in the third week of April. We will let you know once this feature is available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2009 04:51 PM UTC

I find that myPanel will only come up with this new button and not the defaults. Once I open another panel that is docked in the same docking manager, the first myPanel repaints with the standard buttons + custom button.
I want the standard + add one custom button.

Any hint here please ?

CaptionButton filterButton = new CaptionButton(CaptionButtonType.Custom);

filterButton.ImageIndex = 1; filterButton.TransparentImageColor = Color.Transparent;
CaptionButtonsCollection bbs = new CaptionButtonsCollection();
bbs.Add(filterButton);
dockingManager1.SetCustomCaptionButtons(myPanel, bbs);

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 2, 2009 05:43 AM UTC

Hi Murali,

Thanks for the update.

SetCustomCaptionButtons method used to set different custom caption buttons for each docked control.

If you want to add same custom caption button for all docked controls, add that custom caption button to the docking manager as follows.

[C#]

this.dockingManager1.CaptionButtons.Add(filterButton);

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

DS Dave Schmid June 30, 2009 12:03 AM UTC

So is this feature in the latest 2009 Vol 2 release?
If so, please tell me how I access it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2009 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The feature 'Custom caption support for the floating forms' is not yet implemented. We will let you once this feature is available in our code library.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon