We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Popup a window when a nested row is edited

I'm so close but I seem to be missing something. I have a group grid that is in a call back panel. I populate the grid dynamically with datatables so that I have a parent row and a nested table on each parent row. This works great. Now here is the trick, when a user edit's a cell I need to pop up a window with a drop down list, let them select a value from that drop down list, and then save the value back into the row they selected. for testing I created a pop up window that fired when a button was clicked, the user could select the value and I would write it out to the database and update the row based on the Grid.Table.CurrentRecord. Here is where I am having trouble. If I try to call my callback multiplexer from the CurrentRecordContextChange event handler, I get an object not found error when I call this.multiPlexer.ControlsToRefresh.Add(this.CallBackPanel). Also I am unable to get the Grid.Table.CurrentRecord because it is a nested table and it always returns null.

So my questions are:
1. How can I pop up a window when a user double clicks/edits a grouping grid row that allows the user to select a value from a drop down list in the pop up, and save that value back into the grid?

Thanks!
Ben

1 Reply

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team June 6, 2008 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

In GGC we have an option called FormModeTemplate. This will get raised when you get into the the Edit mode. We can have the our own controls inside the Template. Once if you press the Save button, the values entered in the controls of the Template get stored in the Grid.

Please have a look at the sample from the below link, which illustartes the above:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.3.0.6\Web\grid.grouping.web\Samples\2.0\Editing\FormEditMode\cs

You can also refer the sample from online through the below link:

http://www2.syncfusion.com/samplebrowser/samples.aspx

Please let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon