We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Winform designer error when referencing a web reference

Hi,

We are evaluating the syncfusion product for one of our Winforms Client Application. When we reference a web service and try to open the designer it is displaying the following error. We are not able to view the designer please let us know how to resolve this ASAP.

Error:

An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 2, position 52. 1

Call Stack:

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GeneratedAssemblyEntry.RealizeMoniker(String moniker)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GeneratedAssemblyEntry.get_FileName()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.get_Assembly()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GeneratedAssemblyEntry.get_Assembly()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.Search(String fullName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Assembly& assembly, String description)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.SearchGeneratedEntries(AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Assembly& assembly)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.SearchEntries(AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Assembly& assembly, ReferenceType refType)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ReferenceType refType)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.GetType(String typeName)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.EnsureDocument(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 27, 2008 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for evaluating Syncfusion products.

An error occurred while parsing EntityName.

This error can be resolved by removing '&' symbol in the mapname. The below MSDN forum discussed this issue.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2983886&SiteID=1

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

MK Manoj Kumar May 27, 2008 11:22 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your response. But where do i find the mapname and '&'.

>Hi Manoj,

Thank you for evaluating Syncfusion products.

An error occurred while parsing EntityName.

This error can be resolved by removing '&' symbol in the mapname. The below MSDN forum discussed this issue.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2983886&SiteID=1

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 28, 2008 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the update. Please check whether element in your webservice XML class has '&' symbol. Please make sure whether you have this problem only with Syncfusion components since I was not able to reproduce this error at my end.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Jaya

MK Manoj Kumar May 29, 2008 01:58 PM UTC

Hi Jaya,

Thank you for your response Jaya. Currently i redesigned my form. If i face the same problem again then i will let you know the exact scenario.

>Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the update. Please check whether element in your webservice XML class has '&' symbol. Please make sure whether you have this problem only with Syncfusion components since I was not able to reproduce this error at my end.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 30, 2008 04:13 AM UTC

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the update.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon