We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

new ExcelEngine() crashes

Hi,

We are trying to export some data to excel using Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelEngine, I'm using SyncFusion version 6.2.0.40. The Excel exports works fine for some people but consistently crashes for others. The export happens in a background thread.
It crashes when I call ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();. One colleague suspects that it's related to the Windows XP Service Pack 3 he has installed.

Does anybody know how I could fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Hans

5 Replies

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team May 27, 2008 08:31 AM UTC

Hi Hans,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

While exporting data to excel you must include "Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll" assembly in the bin folder . Please include the dll and try to run the application.

And if the problem still exists could you please try to send the exception details with the stack trace so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
G.Yavana

HK Hans Knibbe May 29, 2008 12:32 PM UTC

Hi G.,

Thanks a lot, that helped.

Hans

>Hi Hans,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

While exporting data to excel you must include "Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll" assembly in the bin folder . Please include the dll and try to run the application.

And if the problem still exists could you please try to send the exception details with the stack trace so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
G.Yavana

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team May 30, 2008 08:22 AM UTC

Hi Hans,

Thank you for your update.

Glad to hear that the problem could be solved.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

ME Mehmet July 29, 2008 02:51 PM UTC

Hi, I am using trial version and i have similar problem with saiyng Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information. , i have installed the syncfusion essential studio 6.3.0.30. You said that i must put Syncfusion.compression.base.dll in bin folder, But i couldnt find Syncfusion.compression.base.dll in assembly or C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.3.0.30\precompiledassemblies\6.3.0.30\2.0 folder how can i find this dll ?

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team August 7, 2008 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Mehmet,

It seems like this is the duplicate forum that you have created already regarding this issue. Could you please follow up the forum [#73275].

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon