We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

catch an event of node deletion

Hi,
How can I know when a node was deleted?
i am using version 5.1.1.19.
When the node is deleted the following event is invoked :
private void EventSink_NodeCollectionChanged(CollectionExEventArgs e)

But,the value of e.ChangeType is not
CollectionExChangeType.Remove.
Istead ,it is : CollectionExChangeType.Clear.

5 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 26, 2008 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Shimon ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. When removing a node from the diagram model, it will fire NodeCollectionChanged event and the ChangeType of "Remove works fine in v5.1.1.39. Please refer to my test sample and the attached video clip.

Video: www2.syncfusion.com/Samples/Video_73721.zip

Sample: www2.syncfusion.com/Samples/GroupNodeSelection.zip

Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Nagaraj

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 28, 2008 09:12 AM UTC

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,but the links which you inserted were brokenlinks.
In addition.You wrote that "ChangeType of 'Remove' works fine in v5.1.1.39" ,
but i use v5.1.1.19.
I solved this problem by using the event of Diagram.Model.EventSink.NodeCollectionChanging
instead.

I have another question :
I use the Symbol Designer v5.2.0.0 to create a pallet.I added an image symbol,and set the Tag property in the "Properties" area.I then saved the pallet(to edp file),but when i loaded the edp file,i saw that the Tag property was not saved.

Thanks,

Shimon.

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 30, 2008 02:18 PM UTC

Hi Shimon ,

Tag field is NotSerialized property. We can use tag property for one session and we cannot save it in file (It is done for security reasons).Because you can insert in tag some custom type and in future you would not be able to deserialize it without custom type definition.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nagaraj

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 1, 2008 04:26 PM UTC

Hi Nagaraj,

So - what is the 'tag' built\used for?
How can we pass a value (specific for each symbol) when creating new instance on the diagram?

Thanks,
-Bracha

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team June 2, 2008 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Bracha ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have already requested our developers to implement the serializing functionality for the nodes. This feature has been implemented in our latest source and this is available in v6.3.0.6 and the later releases. We would recommend you to download our latest version from the following page.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/build.aspx

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studio license is current,you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise, please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Please let me know if you have any problem in our latest version.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon