We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to case-insensitive filter comparision

Hi,

How do I do a case insensitive filter comparision. I have regex expression that i pass to the Filter Condition

var recordFilterDescriptor = new RecordFilterDescriptor(columnName, new FilterCondition(FilterCompareOperator.Match, expression));

How do i make this comparision a case in-sensitive?

Thanks,
Rohit

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2008 01:39 AM UTC

Hi Guys,

Appreciate if you could comment on this?

Cheers

>Hi,

How do I do a case insensitive filter comparision. I have regex expression that i pass to the Filter Condition

var recordFilterDescriptor = new RecordFilterDescriptor(columnName, new FilterCondition(FilterCompareOperator.Match, expression));

How do i make this comparision a case in-sensitive?

Thanks,
Rohit

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team May 27, 2008 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your patience.

There are two options available to perform the case insensitive filter.

Option 1:

You need to include vertical bar inside the comparevalue argument of filter.Conditions.Add method, to perform Case Insensitive filter. Here Vertical bar specifies alternative. (ie., either capital or small letter). Suppose if you want to perform case insentive filter for a string "babu", then you need to specify the comparevalue as "(B|b)(A|a)(B|b)(U|u)".Please refer the below code for more details.

RecordFilterDescriptor filter = new RecordFilterDescriptor();
filter.Name = "Name";
filter.LogicalOperator = FilterLogicalOperator.Or;
filter.Conditions.Add(FilterCompareOperator.Match, @"(B|b)(A|a)(B|b)(U|u)");
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add(filter);

Option 2:
You need to call QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteria event inside the button click event where the filter is applied, to perform the case insensitive filter. Here Case Insensitive comparision is performed inside the QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteria event. If condition is satisfied then you need to set e.Result as true, otherwise you need to set the e.Result as false. Please refer the below code snippet for more details.

void gridGroupingControl1_QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteria(object sender, QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteriaEventArgs e)
{
Object obj = e.Record.GetValue("Name");
if (obj.ToString().ToLower() == "babu")
{
e.Result = true;
Console.WriteLine("Rec:"+obj.ToString());
}
else
{
e.Result = false;
}
e.Handled = true;
}

private void buttonAdv1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
RecordFilterDescriptor filter = new RecordFilterDescriptor();
filter.Name = "Name";
filter.LogicalOperator = FilterLogicalOperator.Or;
filter.Conditions.Add(FilterCompareOperator.Match, @"babu");
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Add(filter);
this.gridGroupingControl1.QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteria += new QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteriaEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteria);
}

QueryRecordMeetsFilterCriteria - Occurs when a record is checked whether it meets filter criteria and should appear visible in the table's DisplayElements.

Here is the minimal sample which implements this task.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/grid.windows/F73663/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Srirajan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon