We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager.SaveDockState

I am trying to save the state of my docking manager but apparently am not fully understanding what needs to be done. I have used this code:

Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.AppStateSerializer LclStateSerializer = new Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode.BinaryFile, @"c:\DockState");
dockingManager1.SaveDockState(LclStateSerializer);

But this does not produce a file.

I have also tried to use SerializeMode.XMLFile, again with no results.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks!

2 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team May 13, 2008 11:12 PM UTC

Hi ,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please use the below code snippet to save the DockState.

AppStateSerializer serializer = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode.XMLFile, "..\\..\\Test");
this.dockingManager1.SaveDockState(serializer);
serializer.PersistNow();

Please refer to the following sample that demonstrates the serialization and deserialization of the state of docked controls. In this sample, you can save the docked controls’ state by using SaveDockState button and you can load the serialized state by using LoadDockState button .

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F73638/main.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagaraj

RA Ron Alan Sawyer May 14, 2008 01:33 PM UTC

Thank you for your quick reply. I have only had to post one or two questions on this board, but each time the quickness of the response and the time spent creating an example are part of why I am glad I purchased Syncfusion.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon