We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGruopingControl - Plus Minus Images shown in Grouping

Hi, I have an ASP.NET Server Control that inherits Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.
When grouping data, the plus image and the minus image are not shown. I'm using GridGroupingControl.AutoFormat = "Office 2003 Blue".
Does something need to be set, when using the GridGroupingControl as a WebControl, in order to display the plus and minus images? Thanks.

8 Replies

JA Janagan Syncfusion Team May 15, 2008 08:27 AM UTC

Hi MB,

Thanks for posting your query to us.

You can display the plus minus image by setting showcaptionplusminus property to true as mentioned in the code below:

mainTD.ChildGroupOptions.ShowCaptionPlusMinus = true;

Please refer the sample in the link below which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.2.0.40/Grid_ASP_caption/main.htm

Please try running the sample and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Janagan.

-------------------------------------

Regards,
Janagan.

- - May 15, 2008 09:39 AM UTC

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. My problem is that an X is being displayed instead of the plus/minus image that is supposed to be displayed.
I'm using the GridGroupingControl as an ASP.NET Server Control. The image being displayed instead of the plus/minus image is attached. Is there a solution to this problem pls?

Image.zip

JA Janagan Syncfusion Team May 16, 2008 10:43 AM UTC

Hi MB,

Thanks for the update.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue of captionplusminus image. Also,I have created a sample to test this issue and please refer the sample in the link below:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.2.0.40/Grid_ASP_caption/main.htm

Please try running the sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample and send us the modified sample and also the OS details so that we could analyse further and sort out the cause to provide you a better solution?

Thanks,
Janagan.

- - May 16, 2008 12:41 PM UTC

Hi, attached please find the modified sample.
The modification is that instead of directly using the GridGroupingControl in the page, the GridGroupingControl is now an ASP.NET Server Control. Such a Server Control is then used in the page. I'm using Syncfusion 6.1. My OS is Windows XP.
As you can see in the attached project, the + and - signs used in grouping, are not being shown, and instead an X is being shown. Thanks.

WebApplication2.zip

JA Janagan Syncfusion Team May 19, 2008 02:15 PM UTC

Hi MB,

Thanks for the update.

I am able to reproduce the issue of captionplusminus image. The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have forwarded this to the development team.We will update you on 22/05/2008 with more details.

Regards,
Janagan.

- - June 13, 2008 06:26 AM UTC

Hi, any updates on the above issue please?

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team June 28, 2008 07:19 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding you,

It is possible to have custom plus/minus image in our GidControl instead of having plus/Minus symbol. Please refer the below code snippet which illustrates this:

protected void GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
//change GroupCaptionPlusMinusButton as Image
if (e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.GroupCaptionPlusMinusCell)
{
e.Style.CellType = "Image";
if (e.Style.Description == "+")
{
e.Style.ImageUrl = "Plus.gif";
}
else
{
e.Style.ImageUrl = "Minus.gif";
}
}
}

Please refer the sample from the below link which fixes the issue wit hthe above code:

Plus_Minus.zip

Please let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,
Raji

- - June 30, 2008 07:12 AM UTC

That worked fine. Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon