We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

QuickTest Professional and Essential Suite

Hi! Is there any support for automated test tools like QuickTest? In particular, how would a script access cell contents? Do you know of any Syncfusion-endorsed automated test tools? Thanks for any information... -Roy

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2003 09:27 PM UTC

Hi Roy, We have been on the look for test suites that actually make sense from a .NET perspective but have not found any so far. All of the major names that we have evaluated claim to have .NET support but in reality they are still relying on sniffing out the underlying WIN32 class. This totally breaks when the control is a native Windows Forms control (such as with Essential Grid) with the underlying WIN32 class having no real message based API. Only if a test suite truly supports .NET using some form of reflection and interception of events will it be able to work with native .NET controls in a proper manner. If you have decided on QuickTest Professional we can try to find a workaround to test Essential Grid with it. Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. Best regards, Daniel

BI Bing August 25, 2004 11:22 AM UTC

Hi, Daniel We are using Essential Grid control in our application and we are going to purchase QuickTest Professional to test it. You mentioned that there are ways to around it. Could you more specific to it. The problem I have are: 1. I am not able to specify which cells I want to click. 2. I am not able to retrieve the contents from a cell. 3. When I record and replay back, the recorded script failed because multiple object were found with same description. Thanks. Bing >Hi Roy, > >We have been on the look for test suites that actually make sense from a .NET perspective but have not found any so far. All of the major names that we have evaluated claim to have .NET support but in reality they are still relying on sniffing out the underlying WIN32 class. This totally breaks when the control is a native Windows Forms control (such as with Essential Grid) with the underlying WIN32 class having no real message based API. Only if a test suite truly supports .NET using some form of reflection and interception of events will it be able to work with native .NET controls in a proper manner. > >If you have decided on QuickTest Professional we can try to find a workaround to test Essential Grid with it. > >Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. > >Best regards, >Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 25, 2004 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Bing, Mercury are currently working on a solution for this. We should have a solution shortly. I will update this thread as soon as we have an update from them. Best regards, Daniel

WP Waldemar Porscha September 3, 2004 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, I am also interested in any information about testability of Syncfusion controls with any external test tools. This issue is getting more and more important for us. Regards, Waldemar

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 7, 2004 01:41 PM UTC

Hi Waldemar, We don''t have any update yet. But we should have an update soon. Best regards, Daniel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon