We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Set a dominant control in docking manager

Hello

Is there a way to specify a Main or Dominant panel in the DockingManager? What I have is an application that has a central panel with other panels docked around it. Ideally I would like to have it work such that when the user adjusts the widtho on one of the side panels, only the central panel adjusts to fill in the space rather than all of the panels. Is this possible?

Thanks
Patrick

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 27, 2008 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

This can be achieved by setting the DockToFill property of the DockingManager to true. While using this, if the hosting form has number of Docked controls, if the panels are autohidden or closed one after the other, the other panels will fill the free space that occurs and by the way, when the last but previous control is auto hidden or docked, the last control will fillup the form.

The following Browser sample features this functionality.

\\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\ 6.2.0.40\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Docking Package\WindowFill\

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jaya

PH Patrick Hampton June 5, 2008 04:43 PM UTC

Jaya

Thanks for your response. I already have DockToFill set and see the behavior you are describing. The problem is I don't want All of the other panels to grow to fill in the space left by a closed or autohidden control. I want to specify ONE control that grows to fill that space leaving the other controls unchanged.

Thanks
Patrick

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon