We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ColumnNames

I have a set of rows that has a number representing the column name. When I exportDataTable with ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ColumnNames and later try to retrieve the column name from the DataTable, I get a generic "Column1,Column2, etc" instead of the actual number (which is the column name).

To work around this, I have to make the cell a "text" field, but most users won't remember to do this...

2 Replies

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team May 8, 2008 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Mia,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the issue. After export to Data table, it’s returning the correct column name. It’s not returning the generic column name.

Here is the sample for your reference:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/F73461/main.htm

Please take a look into the sample and let me know the modified sample to reproduce the issue in our end.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

AE Aaron Elder November 11, 2012 10:06 PM UTC

This seems to be a bug, even though you are exporting a "data table", the "ColumnNames" options seems to require the FIRST row of the SHEET to have the names.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon