We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

UpdatePanel Issues

Hi,
Anyone reported any trouble using DocIO within a UpdatePanel? Actually, I have a button in an updatepanel that I want to generate a report with and the routine is called but the dialog that asks if you want to save or open the created document does not open. Note that the control is created dynamically and it's placed within a DIV tag and then a placeholder. If I put a button manually in the ContentTemplate of the UpdatePanel it works but I really need it inside the Placeholder control.

Thanks.

3 Replies

DA David A. Gonzales April 29, 2008 03:48 PM UTC

Hi,
Just a note that I have a fix for those of you that are having similar problems generating a report in a update panel. I simply changed the server side call when the button is clicked to a client side and then call the __DoPostBack() call to handle the server side code. One advantage to doing it this way is I can determine if my users have run the model (thus we have data) and if not fire a client-side dialog to inform them to run the model first before generating a report.

David.

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team April 30, 2008 07:33 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for your update.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana

KE Kathy England July 25, 2012 10:38 PM UTC

I'm running into the same trouble trying to produce a pdf document within an update panel at the following line:

doc.Save("Proforma.pdf", Response, HttpReadType.Open)

What is your recommended fix?

Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon