We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual GridGroupingControl

I am currently in the process of evaluating the SyncFusion grid, and I am trying to implement a virtual GridGroupingControl. I wire up the QueryColCount, QueryRowCount, and QueryCellInfo to the GridGroupingControl's TableModel member, but none of the events ever get called and I end up with an empty grid. The documentation states that virtual mode is supported, but I have found no examples, nor anything more specific in the documentation. Is there anything else I should be doing to place the GridGroupingControl in virtual mode? Are there any examples available?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2008 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

Yes, it is possible to use GridGroupingControl in VirtualMode. Please refer to our shipped browser sample ‘EngineOptimizations’ which demonstrates the technique to load data’s in virtual mode. The sample shows the loading of 30 Million records in GridGroupingControl.

[Installed Drive]:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.2.0.40\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\PerformanceSamples\EngineOptimizations

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Asem.

DP Dennis Putnam April 29, 2008 01:03 PM UTC

Perhaps you have misunderstood me. Does the GridGroupingControl have a virtual mode like that of the GridControl, where the QueryColCount, QueryRowCount, and QueryCellInfo events are hooked and events are received for each cell that needs to be displayed? Or is the virtual mode for the GridGroupingControl something different?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 30, 2008 08:16 AM UTC

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

In GridGroupingControl, QueryCellInfo, QueryColCount and QueryRowCount events will not work as in GridControl, since the internal architecture is completely different. Virtual mode for the GridGroupingControl is different from GridControl.

You can refer the following forum thread that discus more detail about GridGroupingControl Virtual mode.

Virtual mode in GridGroupingControl :
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=54150

Using GridGroupControl in Virtual Mode :
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=52657

GroupingGrid event handlers are not being invoked :
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=29684

You can also refer to our shipped browser sample ‘EngineOptimizations’ which demonstrates the technique to load data’s in virtual mode.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Asem.

DP Dennis Putnam April 30, 2008 01:35 PM UTC

Yes, after thinking about it I realized that doing a virtual mode for groups would be much more difficult. Thank you for your answer.

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team May 1, 2008 07:14 PM UTC

Hi Dennis,

Please refer to the LinqGroupBy( PassthroughGrouping) Browser sample in v 6.2.0.40. In that sample, the groups are created only when you expand the captions.

Path : \My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.2.0.40\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\FeaturedSamples\LINQGroupBy

Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon