We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ASP.NET Dynamic Menu with Master Page

I'm looking for a suggestion for a web application I am developing. The application uses a dynamic menu system that lists particular screens the user can access.

Right now each screen is a separate ASP.NET page that looks for user security level and uses that information to open up functionality on that page.

What I'd like to do is have the dynamic menu on the master page fire the applications from the menu but keep it contained within one page - sort of like syncfusion popup / multi page but fire dynamically though the menu selection of the user.

So the user would have 3 applications it can launch - instead of clicking the menu item and opening a separate ASP.NET page, it would load up the page / functionality in C# as an overlay to the master page, they could maybe minimalize the page or close it as a layer on top of the master page.. does that make sense what I am trying to do?

I am using the latest syncfusion.

Any advice would be wonderful.

2 Replies

JA Janagan Syncfusion Team May 1, 2008 02:26 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are working on the forum. We will update you in one business day.

Thanks,
Janagan.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 2, 2008 01:22 PM UTC

Hi,

We regret for the delayed response.

If your intention is to display a popup on menu selection, then you can use our Window control to achieve this behavior using ClientOnItemSelect event. Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/6.2.0.40/Tools_ASP_Menu_73261/main.htm

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution?

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon