We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Merging Cells

Hello, Is there any way to merge cells like you can in Excel, or Word tables? I would like the cell in column 1 to become the length of the entire grid (merge) if a specific type of input is entered into the cell. Currently, I'm using a floating cell for this column and setting the remaining rows to enable = false. I'm also forcing the first column to become active when a user clicks on any of the other cells. It works, but I'm afraid some users will get confused when it comes to editing the line. (i.e. They won't be able to select/edit the last word of text at the position where it appears in the row.) Thanks, Andrew

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2003 10:12 AM UTC

You might think about using dyncamic covered cells. You do this by handling the QueryCellRange event, and dynamcially indicating what cells should be covered. You can see a sample of this in Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Grid\Samples\Quick Start\VirtualGridTutorial.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon