We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataBoundGrid and RealTime Update

Hi all,
I need to perform some real time update using the GridDataBoundGrid. The real time update consist of "blink" - change the color of a cell - for all the cell that changed value since the last update.
Update are triggered each 500ms by a timer and the value comes from a real time flow that changes the value in the bindingSource binded to the grid.
I know that there is a specific grid for handling real time flow but I'm required to use the GridDataBoundGrid cause we need binding.
The problem is that updating the values and blinking in the grid takes high on CPU (i.e on my PC for a grid of 500 rows and 12 column is around 12% of CPU).
Actually what I'm doing is invalidating and changing the background color of the cell using the Model_QueryCellInfo only for the cell that are updated instead of refreshing the entire grid.
There is a better a way (less CPU usage) to accomplish this task.
Attached a sample application that I use to test the CPU usage.

Thanks
ML

SyncFusion.zip

1 Reply

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team April 24, 2008 09:52 PM UTC

Hi ML,

Thank you for your patience.

You can use the GroupingGrid for this scenario. Please refer the GroupingTraderGridTest browser sample, which demonstrates the frequent updates that occur in random cells across the gridgroupingcontrol while keeping the CPU usage at a minimum level. A timer changes cells in short intervals, inserts and removes rows.

Here is a sample path for your referene.
C:\Documents and Settings\{UserName}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\PerformanceSamples\GroupingTraderGridTest

also refers.
Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\PerformanceSamples\RealtimeUpdates

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Srirajan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon