i have recently upgraded xlsio from 4.4.1 to 6.1 (rest of the components r 4.4.1)
I needed to upgrade the xlsio componenet for my client's website. The client's website is hosted on a production server.Here r the steps i followed to push the upgraded syncF component to the website. I did the same steps on development as well as production server. on development machine, i m running winXP sp2 and on production server i m running Win2k3 server (web edition) with sp1.
The existing setup :
The production server does not have syncfusion or vs.net installed. it only has IIS installed. The files on the server r deployed by manual copy paste from windows. that means, all the aspx files and assemblies are copied manually on to the production server. the "bin" folder has all syncfusion dlls. The project has reference to syncF dlls from "bin" folder.
The new setup :
I referenced the dlls from GAC directly. so when i deploy the files, the bin folder does not contain syncF dlls.
I did the following steps to upgrade the component.(i m not using any vs.net or third party tool for deployment)
1. i went in to c:\windows\assembly (the physical location of GAC)
2. i dragged and dropped the following 4 dlls from syncfusion.
On the developement server, this process succeded and i could c the results. i also debugged on the development server to confirm the dll versions and it is 6.1.
My question is, what is so diff. about the production server that it gives the error in attachedd screen shot, whereas everything works fine on the development server (without installing the syncF component - putting the updated 6.1 assemblies in GAC).