We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Deployment - Assembly problem

Hi,
i have recently upgraded xlsio from 4.4.1 to 6.1 (rest of the components r 4.4.1)

I needed to upgrade the xlsio componenet for my client's website. The client's website is hosted on a production server.Here r the steps i followed to push the upgraded syncF component to the website. I did the same steps on development as well as production server. on development machine, i m running winXP sp2 and on production server i m running Win2k3 server (web edition) with sp1.

The existing setup :
--------------------
The production server does not have syncfusion or vs.net installed. it only has IIS installed. The files on the server r deployed by manual copy paste from windows. that means, all the aspx files and assemblies are copied manually on to the production server. the "bin" folder has all syncfusion dlls. The project has reference to syncF dlls from "bin" folder.

The new setup :
----------------
I referenced the dlls from GAC directly. so when i deploy the files, the bin folder does not contain syncF dlls.

I did the following steps to upgrade the component.(i m not using any vs.net or third party tool for deployment)

1. i went in to c:\windows\assembly (the physical location of GAC)
2. i dragged and dropped the following 4 dlls from syncfusion.
* syncfusion.compression.base.dll
* syncfusion.core.dll
* syncfusion.xlsio.base.dll
* syncfusion.xlsio.Web.dll

On the developement server, this process succeded and i could c the results. i also debugged on the development server to confirm the dll versions and it is 6.1.

My question is, what is so diff. about the production server that it gives the error in attachedd screen shot, whereas everything works fine on the development server (without installing the syncF component - putting the updated 6.1 assemblies in GAC).

Thanks.

syncfusion_update_error.zip

1 Reply

YG Yavanaarasi G Syncfusion Team April 21, 2008 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Viraj,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The issue reproduced because of the Syncfusion .XlSIO.Base dll exists in both 4.4 and 6.1 versions.

Please do the following steps to solve the issue:

1.Run the AssemblyManager from the Start --> All Programs --> Syncfusion --> Essential Studio 6.1.0.34 --> Dashboard --> Assembly Manager.

2.In the AssemblyManager, select the "Remove All Versions" option and then click "Perform Action". This will remove all the Syncfusion assemblies from GAC(C:\Windows\Assembly) and public assemblies folder({Install Drive}:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies).

3.Select the "Install version 6.1.0.34" option and then click the "Perform Action". This will install the Syncfusion assemblies of version 6.1.0.34 in the GAC and the public assemblies folder.

4.Delete the project output (bin/ and obj/) folders.

5.Open the application in the solution explorer and delete all the Syncfusion assemblies from the reference folder.

6.Right click the reference folder and choose "Add references". In the add reference dialog, select the needed Syncfusion assemblies and make sure that the assemblies version is 6.102.0.34 and the "SpecificVersion" property should be made false in property window. This will help the user to build the project with any 6.102.0.34 version of Syncfusion.

7.Now rebuild and run the sample.

Kindly try the above and let me know if the problem till exists.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon