We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ctrl + A

Hi,

I am wondering how to intercept the event when user pressed Ctrl + A to select all, and customized the event to exclude column, row headers and any hidden columns?

Thanks,

Q

4 Replies

JO Johnson Syncfusion Team April 18, 2008 09:27 PM UTC

Hi Q,

To copy a Grid without Row header and column header when Press Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C, you need to set the below properties.

this.gridControl1.CutPaste.ClipboardFlags &= ~GridDragDropFlags.ColHeader;
this.gridControl1.CutPaste.ClipboardFlags &= ~GridDragDropFlags.RowHeader;

Below minimal sample shows how to copy a Grid without hidden columns. Please refer the sample for implementation.

Sample:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/Samples/Grid.Windows/F73001/main.htm

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Johnson

QS Qingde Shi May 8, 2008 02:32 PM UTC

Hi Johnson,

Thanks.

I can not open the link below. Could you please check if the link is still valid?

in addtion, in virtual mode, when pressing Ctrl + A, you can see that cell being selected one by one, row by row. it is a bit slow. I am guessing this resulted from when selecting one cell, it causes the grid to refresh and query cell events, so when selecting all, every cell causes at least one round refreshing. Is this understanding correct? if so, how to avoid? if not, what might be the reason for such behavior?

Thanks,

Q

>Hi Q,

To copy a Grid without Row header and column header when Press Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C, you need to set the below properties.

Below minimal sample shows how to copy a Grid without hidden columns. Please refer the sample for implementation.

Sample:

Best regards,
Johnson

QS Qingde Shi May 13, 2008 05:45 PM UTC

Hi,

I am still trying to get some answers on this subject.

Thanks.

Q

>Hi Johnson,

Thanks.

I can not open the link below. Could you please check if the link is still valid?

in addtion, in virtual mode, when pressing Ctrl + A, you can see that cell being selected one by one, row by row. it is a bit slow. I am guessing this resulted from when selecting one cell, it causes the grid to refresh and query cell events, so when selecting all, every cell causes at least one round refreshing. Is this understanding correct? if so, how to avoid? if not, what might be the reason for such behavior?

Thanks,

Q

>Hi Q,

Sample:

Best regards,
Johnson

SR Sri Rajan Syncfusion Team June 4, 2008 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Q,

Thank you for your patience.

Please try the code below to select all the cells in a GridControl or a virtual Grid except row and column headers.

void gridControl1_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
{
if (e.KeyCode == Keys.A && e.Control)
{
int rc = this.gridControl1.Model.RowCount;
int cc = this.gridControl1.Model.ColCount;
this.gridControl1.Model.Selections.Add(GridRangeInfo.Cells(1, 1, rc, cc));
}
}

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Srirajan

Loader.