We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DateTime cell focus issue

Hi haneef ...

i am facing 2 issues regarding grid as follows:

1) I am using DateTimeCell model as given in the syncfusion samples, when datetime cell is in edit mode, i wont be able to click on some other control unless i click on that particular grid on a non datetime cell.

2) When mouse pointer is moved to the edge of any cell in edit mode, a small rectangle appears and now if i click there and drag it to some draggable control, cell value of that cell resets.

Please find the attached sample to produce the above issues and suggest me some solutions.

FYI: i am using syncfusion version 4.402.0.51

Regards,
Ubaid Tariq

GridIssues.zip

1 Reply

JA Janagan Syncfusion Team May 15, 2008 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Ubaid,

1) Cannot shift the focus to the other controls from the cells in the grid:

You can shift the focus to the other controls in the form from the grid by removing the Grid.Focus() in the datetimepicker in the given sample as mentioned in the code below:

protected override void OnDeactived(int rowIndex, int colIndex)
{
if (dateTimePicker.Visible)
{
this.dateTimePicker.Hide();
//Grid.Focus();
}

2) The mouse pointer on click and drag from the cell resets the cell:

The mouse pointer on click of the cell and dragging from the cell resets the value of the cell due to the dragenter event. In the dragenter event the text is moved which resets the cell.

Also, Please refer the modified sample in the link below which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/Grid_WINDOWS_Datetime/main.htm

Please refer the modified sample and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Janagan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon