We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

background of node painted as if selected

I'm using a treeviewAdv. Selecting a node displays editable information about the node.
I'm using the BeforeSelect event to determine if the SelectedNode is in a valid state before a new node can be selected and cancel the event if the SelectedNode is not in a valid state. When I try to select a different node when the SelectedNode is not valid, it doesn't select the new node but it paints that node (text has a colored background) as if it were selected and the actual selected node no longer looks selected (well it has a dotted line around the text) How can I fix this issue without doing a tree refresh which freezes the screen for a couple seconds?

2 Replies

LF Lucie Fortin April 18, 2008 11:13 PM UTC

See the code attached. If you select node6, a messagebox pops up. If you drag the messagebox over the node 6, it duplicates the behaviour described in the original posting.

>I'm using a treeviewAdv. Selecting a node displays editable information about the node.
I'm using the BeforeSelect event to determine if the SelectedNode is in a valid state before a new node can be selected and cancel the event if the SelectedNode is not in a valid state. When I try to select a different node when the SelectedNode is not valid, it doesn't select the new node but it paints that node (text has a colored background) as if it were selected and the actual selected node no longer looks selected (well it has a dotted line around the text) How can I fix this issue without doing a tree refresh which freezes the screen for a couple seconds?

TreeViewAdv1.zip

FS Fathima Shalini P Syncfusion Team April 25, 2008 06:21 AM UTC

Hi Goose,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Treeview's BeforeSelect event paints the node's background to selected node's background color when the Messagebox is moved above it.

We suspect this issue to be a defect. We have sent this to our developers for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from them.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Fathima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon