We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Deployment of Essential Tools for WPF using ClickOnce

I run into a problem after deploying a demo app using clickonce. Unless the file Syncfusion.tools.wpf.resources.dll is registered in the gac on the machine being deployed to i get a runtime error that says it cannot be found.
This is from VS2008
I have tried:
1. adding the dll as a reference, and specifying in clickonce that it is required
2. adding the dll as a reference, and specifying it to be copied locally
Either of 1 or 2 works for any other dll for any other component

Syncfusion resource error.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 16, 2008 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

I was able to see the problem of DLL that you have mentioned here. I have noted our development team regarding this and they will be working further on this issue and fixing them. I will let you know once I hear from the development team.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Asem.

YD Yazan Diranieh May 16, 2008 08:53 AM UTC

Yes I have seen this bug yesterday when I first attempted to deploy my app. Any app using syncfusion for WPF 1.3.08 must install Syncfusion.Tools.WPF.resources.dll in the GAC, otherwise the application will not run.

VS.NET 2008 setup projects do not detect this dependency. The file must be added manually.

Yazan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 21, 2008 01:49 PM UTC

H Yazan,

Sorry for delay in replying.

You can deploy your application without installing Syncfusion WPF assemblies in the GAC. Please follow the steps below that shows how we can deploy the application.

1. Create and add a folder named "en-US" to your application.

2. Copy "Syncfusion.Tools.WPF.Resources.dll" from "C:\Program Files\Reference Assembly"

3. Paste it to "en-US" folder in your application.

4. Set "Copy Always" for "Syncfusion.Tools.WPF.Resources.dll".

5. And also set all the Syncfusion WPF assemblies "Copy Local" property to true.

6. Rebuild the application and you can deploy.

We have created a simple sample to deploy the application without WPF assemblies in the GAC and it is available in the below link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/WPF/72965C/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Asem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon