We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issue with TabControlExt and Error Provider

I am writing an application that has a form with a few tabs in it. Each tab has validation code that uses the Error Provider to display error message if data is not valid. My issue is that when you clear the Error Provider in a tab (after it has been shown once) and switch to a different tab, and then come back, you see the Error Icons again. My question is a) Is this a tab issue, and if so, how can I go about fixing it. B) is there a way to unbind a control from the error provider, so that it is back to its original state before the error. I have attached an example with the problem. If you click on Button1 you will see the Error Icons appear. If you then click on “Clear All Errors” you will see the Error Icons disappear. Now switch to tab2 and back to tab1 and you will see the Error Icon reappear. I tried clearing each individual textbox SetError, instead of just using the Dispose (my preferred method) and I still get the error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Javier P.S. I am using and the example is in version 1.5.2. The issue still exists with the latest version, as I tested on a different computer.

3 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 18, 2003 07:39 PM UTC

Hi Javier, The behaviour was identical when I modified your sample to use the Windows Forms TabControl in place of our TabPageExt. But making a change by moving: Me.ErrorProvider1.Dispose() to the last line in Private Sub Button3_Click() seems to take care of this problem in both cases. Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2003 02:13 PM UTC

I believe this would work, thank you. I do have one question, can you have the empty combo box display as a textbox instead. I think it be easier for the user to see what fields they need to type something in, and which fields need to have a value selected. Javier

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2003 02:14 PM UTC

Ooops, replied to the wrong post, sorry. This worked perfectly, thank you very much.....

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon