We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RightToLeft behaviour of the schedule control

Hi everyone,

I want to set the RightToLeft behaviour for the schedule control.

I set the RightToLeft property like this.

this.RightToLeft = System.Windows.Forms.RightToLeft.Yes; //For the Form

this.scheduleControl1.RightToLeft = RightToLeft.Yes; //For the schedule control

It loads with the Month view. After that when I change the view to Day it crashes

The error message is

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: months
at System.DateTime.AddMonths(Int32 months)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Schedule.NavigationCalendar.AdjustSelectionsByMonth(Int32 offSet)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Schedule.NavigationCalendar.set_DateValue(DateTime value)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Schedule.ScheduleControl.PerformSwitchToScheduleViewTypeClick(ScheduleViewType t)
at GridScheduleSample.Form1.menuItem12_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Temp\CS\Form1.cs:line 786
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I want to know whether the schedule control supports RightToLeft feature. If so how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Risath

5 Replies

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team April 11, 2008 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Risath,

Thank you bringing this issue to our attention.

We suspect the issue to be a defect. We have reported this to our developers and we will update you once we get back from them.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Jisha

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team April 11, 2008 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Risath,

Thank you bringing this issue to our attention.

We suspect the issue to be a defect. We have reported this to our developers and we will update you once we get back from them.

Regards,
Jisha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2008 09:05 AM UTC

I cannot reproduce this problem using the samples we ship. Can you? I am using the 6.2.0.32RC that is available in the downloads area of this website.

Is this problem related to a particular culture setting?

Does the problem occur with a calendar that is empty of appointments? If not, check whether your list of appointments is ordered as described in your earlier forum thread.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2008 10:16 AM UTC

Jisha showed me how to see this problem. If you use the Form's menu item to change to Day view, then the exception does occur. I was using the right-click context menu to change to the Day view. Doing the change to Day view through the context menu does not throw this exception that is seen when you use the main menu item to change the view.

In our sample, you can avoid this problem by changing how the view is set. Instead of using the PerformSwitchToScheduleViewTypeClick, use the SwitchTo method on the ScheduleGrid object as shown in this code.

private void menuItem12_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
if (this.scheduleControl1.ScheduleType != ScheduleViewType.Day)
{
this.scheduleControl1.GetScheduleHost().SwitchTo(ScheduleViewType.Day, true);
// this.scheduleControl1.PerformSwitchToScheduleViewTypeClick(ScheduleViewType.Day);
}
}

We will correct the PerformSwitchToScheduleViewTypeClick code in library so that method should also work in the future.

RI Risath April 16, 2008 05:45 AM UTC

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon