We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Extending the Drag and Drop Objects

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to create draggable objects with action specific data in them, like a combo box or a text field to let the user choose from a predefined list of actions for the box in a flowchart?

And I would also have to save the sequence of the flowchart a user creates to a database. I did not find any examples related to that in the samples, so can someone help me in implementing this functionality?

Thanks

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2008 05:24 PM UTC

Hi Aravindan,

Thank you for using Syncfusion prducts.

If you want to display the Textfield in a diagram object, then you can use its label collection to add label. The following code snippet illustrates this.

[C#]

Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Rectangle rec=new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Rectangle(40,40,40,40);
Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Label l= new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Label();
l.Text="Rectangle";
//Add label to the rectangle
rec.Labels.Add(l);
this.diagram1.Model.AppendChild(rec);

If you want to save the entire diagram into a database , then you can achieve this by saving the diagram (edd format) using the diagram.SaveSoap/SaveBinary and diagram.LoadSoap/LoadBinary methods and finally save that edd file in bytes into the database.

Please provide me more information if I misunderstood your requirement.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon