We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Checkbox/dates are not saved after editing

I have bound the gridgroupingcontrol to a datatable with a boolean-column,a datetime-column and a string-column. When a row is in edit-mode a checkbox, a calendar-dropdown control and a textbox is shown. If I change all of these, and click the pen-button then only the changed string is saved. The other changed values disappear!

I have looked through all your examples and in no example at all can you actually pick a date and then end edit mode and have the selected date! Does this not work??

Please provide a sample where you have bind a datatable as above and can change the values in edit mode.

Regards,
Najir

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2008 11:03 PM UTC

Hi Najir,

Edit mode changes are automatically updated in GridGroupingControl. I have attached minimum sample that shows how to save the Edit mode changes in
GridGroupingControl?. Please refer the sample in the below link.

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/CheckboxTemplate_68983734.zip

And also refer the below forum thread.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=48204

Please Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Johnson

NA Najir April 9, 2008 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Johnson,

I do not want a rowbuttontemplate checkbox column as in your example.

I have 3 columns in the datatable bound to the grid:

1) "Quantity" - type int
2) "OrderDate" - type datetime
3) "Discontinued" - type boolean

I want to be able to show these in the grid and to edit them. But only the quantity column can be changed!

I have attached an example to show what I mean.

If you edit a row you can only change the "Quantity" column. The "Discontinued" column can be changed from false to true, but not back. The "OrderDate" column cannot be changed at all.

Regards,
Najir

Example.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 28, 2008 08:33 PM UTC

I have the same issue. Did anybody find an answer >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon