We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Compile on Vista, run on XP

Hello!

We're using Essential tools 6.1.0.34 vith Visual studio 2008 on Windows Vista Ultimate. When I compile a application we wrote and use within Syncfusion controls, the program works on another Windows Vista machine but not on Windows XP sp2.

Is there a way to make the application working on both operating systems? What could be the problem that it doesn't work on Windows XP?

Thanks!

Regards

5 Replies

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 12, 2008 12:38 AM UTC

Hi Funky

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

V.6.1.0.34 is compatible with Windows Vista and WindowsXp Operating system. We can run our all browser samples in both Operating systems.

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this issue?Can you reproduce it in one of our samples/attached sample? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

FU Funky April 15, 2008 08:37 PM UTC

Hello!

I wrote a simple application and did the following moves:
- new Windows Forms Application (in VS2008)
- added an instance of the RibbonControlAdv class to the from
- Form1 inherits the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.RibbonForm

I published the application and installed it on my Vista OS and it works. The application doesn't work on a XP OS. I tested it on 3 diferent XP operating systems. So I installed the application on them and it crashed - error window is shown in the attachemnt.

I compiled and tried your online project (with description:"How to create a Office2007LikeUI using RibbonControlAdv?") and the application also crashed on XP systems.

Maybe I have problems with compiling on Vista or it's the Syncfusion itself.

Please help! We have a running project based on Syncfusion controls and it would be hard to replace them with the .NET controls.

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

prtscr.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 23, 2008 12:25 AM UTC

Hi Funky ,

I have compiled our "RibbonControlAdv Demo" sample in vista machine and install the application in XP operating systems. It works fine. Please refer to the attached setup file created in Vista machine.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F72810.zip

Link: http://sync/RibbonControlAdv_2005/publish.htm

Please use this set up file and let me know if you have the same problem in your XP machines.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

AS Asad November 11, 2013 11:07 AM UTC

Hi,
I am facing same error in Syncfusion Version 11. So how to make it run on Windows XP? Is there any possibility? You provided links are not working. Plz help

AS Asad November 11, 2013 11:15 AM UTC

Hi,

I am using Version 11. Installer is working fine on Windows 7 and 8 but it is not working fine on windows XP. Your provided links are also not working.

Regards
Asad Naeem

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon