We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

System.FormatException when deleting a value

I'm using Essential Suite 3.0.1.0.
I have a databound grid and in it is a column with data type 'int'. So, what I'm not managing to do is when someone presses Delete, or Back Space or writes some letters in that column, the value is automaticly changed to 0. In that way prevent the MessageBox with the System.FormatExcetion from showing.

I tried with SaveCellFormattedText event, SaveCellInfo event, nothing showed results I wanted...

1 Reply

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team April 23, 2008 10:37 PM UTC

Hi Zvonko,

In the Essential Studio 4.2, We have newly added a CurrentCellErrorMessage event which you can handle and display your own custom message box whenever the grids CurrentCell.DisplayWarningText (as a result of some kind of validation error) is called. Please refer to the attached sample for implementation.

Sample: GDBGErrorMessage.zip

private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellErrorMessage(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCellErrorMessageEventArgs e)
{
e.Cancel = true;
}

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon