We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem scrolling WPF Controls

I have WPF application that performs scrolling of three xaml controls in circular manner.

If I use simple control without much styles or instead use a simple image in the element, then scrolling goes fine and application performance is good.

However, if I load the control with heavy WPF styles,then at very high resolution say (1400 * 900) systems, scrolling gets jerky and CPU usage increases.The problem exists with machines with low graphic card.

I studied this and found that WPF can take advantage of hardware rendering pipeline but couldn't find any working example.

Is there some way in WPF by which we can use heavy styled xaml controls with good performance on PCs with UMA graphic card?

1 Reply

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team June 30, 2008 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for your interests in Syncfusion Products.

Generally WPF scroll viewer has a performance issues while you implement a heavy styled XAML control. The solution to overcome this issue is to create your own scroll viewer.

You can refer the below mentioned article to get more idea about custom scrollviewer implementation.

http://blogs.msdn.com/bencon/archive/2006/01/05/509991.aspx

Please Let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
Bala Vasanth. M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon