We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filtering is very slow

Hi,
I am using datagrid in virtual mode.I have tried to apply filter on my grid.But with the increase in number of records say around 3000. filtering process is really slow
.Is there any way this speed can be increased.

Thanks in advance
Ranju Malhotra

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2008 07:49 AM UTC

Hi Ranju,

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

The filtering is available by default for the GridDataBoundGrid and GridGroupingControl, but not for the GridControl. There is no built in support for having a filter bar in a GridControl, because the GridFilterBar uses the DataView’s RowFilter property for filtering.
Could you please let us know which grid are you using?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Asem.

RA ranjumalhotra March 28, 2008 08:54 AM UTC

Hi,
I am using GridControl.and filtering is done using dataview.rowfilter property

Thanks
Ranju Malhotra

>Hi Ranju,

The filtering is available by default for the GridDataBoundGrid and GridGroupingControl, but not for the GridControl. There is no built in support for having a filter bar in a GridControl, because the GridFilterBar uses the DataView’s RowFilter property for filtering.
Could you please let us know which grid are you using?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Asem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2008 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Ranju,

Since there is no support for row filters in a GridControl, You could try filtering using the GridControl as virtual grid. The idea would be when you filter, to go through the full datasource, and remember the visible rows (maybe in an ArrayList). Then in your virtual implementation, you use this ArrayList in your QueryCellInfo and QueryRowCount to only show the proper rows. You can see this type of virtual implementation in the [Installed Drive]:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.2.0.13\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\VirtualGrid\VirtTreeGrid sample. There, the filter that is done on the clicked stated of the row, and only those visible rows are shown in a virtual manner.

Let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Asem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon