We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

confused in selecting type of grid control

Hi,

I would just like to know which type of grid control should i use,which should allow me to apply all type of excel features and is dast to use

Thanks
Ranju Malhotra

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2008 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Ranju,

Thanks for the interest in Syncfusion products.

You can use the GridControl that has excel features. GridControl can easily handle the cell specific properties and formulas like =A1+B4*(C2-D4). Essential GridControl is a powerful gridcontrol that is implemented using a unique Styles Architecture. This gridcontrol which, is similar to Microsoft Excel allows extremely detailed customization down to the cell level. Multi-level Undo / Redo, shared scrollbar support, data / view separation, floating cells, more than 18 cell types and unmatched extensibility are unique features of the Essential Grid.

And here is the brief description of the Essential Grids :

GridControl :
Stores data in its own internal data structures or can be bound in a virtual manner to any external datasource.

GridGroupingControl :
Supports grouping with summaries, filters and expression columns; can be used with flat datasources, hierarchical datasources or datasources with multiple nested tables.

GridDataBoundGrid :
Can be used with either flat or hierarchical datatsources; does not include grouping support.

GridListControl :
Adds multi-column / icon functionality to a list box.

GridRecordNavigationControl :
Provides an Access-like navigation bar that lets your users browse records in a grid.

TabBarSplitterControl :
Allows users to create TabPages with dynamic splitters; when used with grids, this control gives a workbook look.

GridAwareTextBox :
Can be bound to the current cell of a grid; this control lets a user easily add an EditBar to the grid.

You can also refer the forum thread below that discuse about selection of grid.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=29293

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Asem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon