We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Row Filter

Hey guys,
I'm trying to get a chart which displays the same data as the grid, so to do this I need to get the row filter from the grid.

I havent been able to find the row filter property of a filtered row. I've resorted to writing something like this which loops through the RecordFilters collection of the table descriptor.
This is bound to cause bugs so I dont really want to use it, dont you guys have something somewhere that returns the DataView.RowFilter value? You have to do a similar construction of this string somewhere.

string rowFilter = String.Empty;
string valueFilter = String.Empty;
string seperator = String.Empty;
foreach ( RecordFilterDescriptor recFilter in gridTable.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters )
{
rowFilter += recFilter.LogicalOperator.ToString() + " " + recFilter.FieldDescriptor.Name + " IN( ";
//If its a string then wrap each value with '.
if ( recFilter.FieldDescriptor.FieldPropertyType == typeof( string ) || recFilter.FieldDescriptor.FieldPropertyType == typeof( DateTime ))
seperator = "'";
else
seperator = String.Empty;

foreach ( FilterCondition filtCond in recFilter.Conditions )
{
if ( !String.IsNullOrEmpty( valueFilter ) )
{
valueFilter += ",";
}
valueFilter += seperator + filtCond.CompareValue + seperator;
}
rowFilter += valueFilter + ") ";
}

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2008 09:28 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for your patience.

Please refer the code below to get the rowfileter of the GridGroupingControl.

DataView dv = new DataView(this.gridGroupingControl1.DataSource as DataTable);
Console.WriteLine(dv.RowFilter);

Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Srirajan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon