We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expand column width beyond grid right border

Hi,

How to expand column width by mouse beyond grid right border?

Thanks,

Q

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2008 08:50 PM UTC

Hi Q,

To expand column width by mouse beyond grid right border,you can use below code snippet.

this.gridControl1.ResizeColsBehavior |= Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridResizeCellsBehavior.AllowDragOutside;

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Johnson

Q Q March 20, 2008 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Johnson,

Thanks. That works in terms of the column indeed can be expanded beyond the grid border.
However, I can not scroll the grid to see the end of the column.

Thanks,

Q

>Hi Q,

To expand column width by mouse beyond grid right border,you can use below code snippet.

this.gridControl1.ResizeColsBehavior |= Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridResizeCellsBehavior.AllowDragOutside;

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Johnson

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2008 10:17 PM UTC

Hi Q,

Thank you for interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/f72450/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Best regards,
Johnson

Q Q March 22, 2008 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Johnson,

the problem happens when the column's width expanded to be wider than the grid itself.

I guess the related issue is how to make the scroll bar scroll smoothly instead of jumping by column's width.

Thansk,

Q

>Hi Q,

Thank you for interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/f72450/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Best regards,
Johnson

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2008 02:50 PM UTC

Hi Q,

Thank you for your update.

By setting the HorizontalThumbTrack property to true, you can able to make the scroll bar scroll smoothly instead of jumping by column's width.
please try this below code and let me know if this helps.

this.gridControl1.Model.Options.HorizontalThumbTrack = true;

Best regards,
Johnson

Q Q March 24, 2008 03:44 PM UTC

Hi Johnson,

Unfortunately, it does not work.

>Hi Q,

By setting the HorizontalThumbTrack property to true, you can able to make the scroll bar scroll smoothly instead of jumping by column's width.
please try this below code and let me know if this helps.

this.gridControl1.Model.Options.HorizontalThumbTrack = true;

Best regards,
Johnson

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2008 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Q,

I tried to reproduce this problem using this sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/Samples/Grid.Windows/F7245_Up/main.htm

But, I could not get this problem. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Is it possible for you to provide more information on this problem? This will help me to analyze the issue further.

Best regards,
Johnson

Q Q March 27, 2008 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Johnson,

To better see the problem, please add the following code in the form load event:
this.gridControl1.BaseStylesMap["Standard"].StyleInfo.HorizontalAlignment = GridHorizontalAlignment.Right;

then expand the Column A far beyond the grid right edge.

Now scroll the scroll bar, you will see the problem -- there is no way to show the cell text in Column A

Thanks,

Q

>Hi Q,

I tried to reproduce this problem using this sample.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/Samples/Grid.Windows/F7245_Up/main.htm

But, I could not get this problem. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Is it possible for you to provide more information on this problem? This will help me to analyze the issue further.

Best regards,
Johnson

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2008 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Q,

To avoid that issue please add the blow code in Form_Load event, Its work fine.

this.gridControl1.HScrollPixel = true;

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Johnson

Q Q March 27, 2008 06:51 PM UTC

Johnson,

Thanks. That works!

Q

>Hi Q,

To avoid that issue please add the blow code in Form_Load event, Its work fine.

this.gridControl1.HScrollPixel = true;

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Johnson

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon