We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingcontrol general help

Are there any samples or how to guides for binding an object hierarchy to an ASP.NET GridGroupingControl were I can customize the column names of the child collections?

I'm not sure if I should be setting up GridRelationDescriptor objects within code and how best to customize my columns within child collections.

Thanks,
Todd

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2008 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Todd,

We are working on this issue. We will update you soon.

Regards,
Janagan.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2008 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your patience.

If your intention is to bind an object datasource to the gridgrouping control it can be achieved by the following code:

$ sfwg:GridGroupingControl ID="GridGroupingControl1" runat="server" BorderCollapse="Separate" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" $

$asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server"
TypeName="EmployeeList_CS" SortParameterName="SortExpression" EnablePaging="True"
MaximumRowsParameterName="PagesSize"
SelectMethod="GetRecords"
DeleteMethod="DeleteRecord"
InsertMethod="InsertRecord"
UpdateMethod ="UpdateRecord"
SelectCountMethod="GetRowsCount"
StartRowIndexParameterName="StartRow"$
$/asp:ObjectDataSource$

Note: We have used '$' instead of '<'.

Also, Please refer the sample that is shipped with Essential GridGrouping Web to get more details regarding this issue

C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Web\grid.grouping.web\Samples\2.0\GettingStarted\BindingToAccessDataSource\cs

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail, so that I can work in
depth and try to send a better solution?

regards,
Janagan.

TO Todd March 28, 2008 09:37 PM UTC

I’ve got lots of nested object hierarchies we would like to bind to grids for an treeview display of data. I’ve seen the examples on your website how to do this with a DataSet, but I can not find examples with object hierarchies. Can you point me to a sample?

So in other words the parent collection might be Orders, and each Order would contain a collection of OrderDetails, and each OrderDetails might contain and so on. How do I bind this object hierarchies to a grid so that I can customize the columns I want for the different levels? I would like to do this within the ASP.NET code as much as possible.

Thanks,
Todd

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2008 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Todd,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To bind an object datasource to a grid grouping control ,Please refer the sample in the link below:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/objectdatasource_ca5f9820.zip

Please try running the above sample and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Janagan.

TO Todd April 4, 2008 03:20 PM UTC

My question was about customizing the child columns within a grid that contained a treeview. I don't think the sample contains a treeview.

Thanks,
Todd

JA Janagan Syncfusion Team April 10, 2008 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the update. SOrry for the inconvenience caused.

If your intention is to customize the column names of the child collections, it can be achieved by the following code:

gridRelationDescriptor.ChildTableDescriptor.Columns[2].HeaderText = "Changing";

For an tree view display of GridGrouping control, Please refer the sample that is shipped with Essential GridGrouping Web in the link below:

C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.2.0.32\Web\grid.grouping.web\Samples\2.0\RelatedTables\SelfReferentialGrid\cs

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail so that I could analyse further and provide you a better solution?

Regards,
Janagan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon