We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Tabbed MDI

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

72357 Mar 14,2008 11:51 PM UTC Mar 20,2008 09:58 AM UTC Windows Forms 2
Tags: Tools
Larry Dodd
Asked On March 14, 2008 11:51 PM UTC

I am using the Tabbed MDI control on a form and it seems to be working fine as far as the tabbed layout. What I am trying to do is give the user a choice of using the Tabbed Layout or not. I use the AttachToMdiContainer method to attach all the mdiChildren to the tabs and I use the DetachFromMdiContainer(Me, True, True) method to make all the mdiChildren not appear in the tab. The problem that I am having with this is that the mdiChildren do not seem to repaint very well. I cannot see the title bars of the children or anything and when I drag the form around it seems as the painting of the form is messed up. Can someone please tell me the best way to go from Tabbed View to Non tabbed view please.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 18, 2008 11:18 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1)Unable to see the title bars of the children
I am afraid I could not reproduce the issue. Please refer the sample in the following location that I used:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F72357/main.htm

Please make sure the child’s FormBorderStyle is not set to None.
Please try reproducing the issue in this sample and send it along with other details in the form of screenshots and video files so that we can work in depth and provide a better solution.

2)Painting Issue on Detach
The issue “Painting Issue when child forms are detached from TabbedMDIManager” is suspected to be a defect and has been sent to our development team for analysis.

Regards,
Anupama

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 20, 2008 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Larry,

On further analysis we have found that painting issue occurs even in normal form without using TabbedMDI. Can you please provide more information or provide us the video file showing the painting issue you specified.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;