We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Client area pane in DockingManager

I noticed that the last child element in DockingManager cannot be docked/undocked, or even have a window docked into it. Is this by design? See in the code below:

Syncfusion:DockingManager.SideInDockedMode="Left"
Syncfusion:DockingManager.DesiredWidthInDockedMode="200"
Syncfusion:DockingManager.CanDrag="True">
This is listBox1

Syncfusion:DockingManager.SideInDockedMode="Right"
Syncfusion:DockingManager.DesiredWidthInDockedMode="200">
ListBoxwhite

8 Replies

YD Yazan Diranieh March 10, 2008 10:34 AM UTC

Correct for last statement:

Last child cannot be docked/undocked, or have elements docked into it as tabs (i.e., the tabbing icon that appears in the middle of the icons when attempting to dock is disabled)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2008 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Yazan,

Thanks you for the interest in Syncfusion products.

This is the normal behavior of the DockingManager. The last element of the docking manager will be considered as a client area of the docking manager. This is the area where you can add your actual application contents. If you want activate your final stack panel as dock window, please add one more elements (like border, grid) for host your application content.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Asem.

YD Yazan Diranieh March 10, 2008 03:23 PM UTC

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Don't quite get your answer. Can you please provide a quick example? You can use the above code as a starting point if you wish.

Regards
Yazan

>
Hi Yazan,

Thanks you for the interest in Syncfusion products.

This is the normal behavior of the DockingManager. The last element of the docking manager will be considered as a client area of the docking manager. This is the area where you can add your actual application contents. If you want activate your final stack panel as dock window, please add one more elements (like border, grid) for host your application content.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Asem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 11, 2008 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Yazan,

I have created a simple sample with your code snippet as starting point where the last stack panel is used as a dock window by adding a grid as client area.

Please refer the sample in the below link :

DockingManagertestt.zip

Please let me know if this is not what you needed.

Regards,
Asem.

YD Yazan Diranieh March 12, 2008 08:39 AM UTC

Great. Thank you very much.

YD Yazan Diranieh March 26, 2008 11:13 AM UTC

The sample is informative, however I would like to simulate VisualStudio 2008 docking behaviour: In VS.NET 2008, when you open a code file from the Solution explorer, it gets docked into the main client area. It can be undocked and moved around.

With DokcingManager, it is not possible to do this, i.e., it is not possible to dock a WPF element into the area designagted as 'Main Window' or the 'client area pane'. Do I need to contain the element I would like to be docked into the client area pane within a dockable control?

Thanks

Is there a control I can use

>
Hi Yazan,

I have created a simple sample with your code snippet as starting point where the last stack panel is used as a dock window by adding a grid as client area.

Please refer the sample in the below link :

DockingManagertestt.zip

Please let me know if this is not what you needed.

Regards,
Asem.

BA Balavasanth Syncfusion Team June 30, 2008 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Yazan,

You could make use of TDI and MDI logic
(In Document Container Control) to achieve your requirements.

We are glad to inform you that TDI and MDI for document container has been implemented and it will be available in our next release which is scheduled to be released on 7th of July.

But the only constraint is, integrating TDI/MDI window into Dock window at runtime is not possible as it is in the implementation status. This feature will be available in our August refersh Build.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thank You,
Bala Vasanth.M

YD Yazan Diranieh July 4, 2008 01:30 PM UTC

Looking forward to this. Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon