We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using a pdf document as a template

I would like to use an existing pdf document as a template for creating reports. In this case, I want to use our company's letterhead as a template and use it on every page. Is this possible? I am having a difficult time figuring out how this is done.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2008 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Devon,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1.I would like to use an existing pdf document:

We don't have support for open an existing PDF documnet in our new PDF. In our PDF legacy version, we can open the existing PDF documents. We can read the PDF document only page by page. But Reading feature for new PDF will be available in our next release, it’s in under development.

2.I want to use our company's letterhead as a template and use it on every page. Is this possible?

Essential PDF has support for drawing a Header and a Footer to a pdf document. It is possible to display company's letterhead on every page by using Addheader. Please refer the below code snippet:

[C#]
PDFDocument pdfDoc = new PDFDocument(Server.MapPath(@"Data\sample1.pdf"));

foreach (IPDFPage p in pdfDoc.Pages)
{
PDFTemplateArea header = AddHeader(pdfDoc , "Company Logo ","customer");
p.Header = header;
}

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/PDF.Web/6.1.0.34_Legacy/72140/main.htm

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
G.Yavana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon