We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl Conditional Formatting

I cannot figure out how to format text color in one cell based on a value in a different cell in the same row.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2008 05:43 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your patience.

Issue 1: how to format text color in one cell based on a value in a different cell in the same row.

You can able to set the text color in one cell based on a value in another cell in the same row when clicking the Apply Conditions button by using GridGroupingControl1 QueryCellStyleInfo event. The following code snippet is used to achieve this behavior:

protected void GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (Buttonclick == 1)
{
if (e.TableCellIdentity.RowIndex > 3)
{
if (e.TableCellIdentity.ColIndex == 6)
{
FirstCellValue = e.Style.CellValue.ToString();
}

if (e.TableCellIdentity.ColIndex == 7)
{
SecondCellValue = e.Style.CellValue.ToString();
}

if (FirstCellValue.ToString().Length > 0 && SecondCellValue.ToString().Length > 0)
{
if (Convert.ToDouble(FirstCellValue) > Convert.ToDouble(SecondCellValue))
{
if (e.TableCellIdentity.ColIndex == 7)
{
e.Style.TextColor = Color.Red;
}

}
}
}

}

}

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Web/6.1.0.34/72077/main.htm

Please try running the above sample and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Vishnu.

DA Dave March 12, 2008 07:55 PM UTC

I have only been able to get this to work when I turn "Auto Format" off. I would prefer to leave "Auto Format" on and then override the targeted cells. Can you please tell me how to do this?

DA Dave March 13, 2008 12:02 AM UTC

Please disregard this. I have asked the question under a new thread.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=72305

>I have only been able to get this to work when I turn "Auto Format" off. I would prefer to leave "Auto Format" on and then override the targeted cells. Can you please tell me how to do this?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon