We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

StackingColumn Series Type Problem

Hello, I'm playing with the Essential Chart for a few days. Today I've discovered a problem with the stacking columns chart. In the attached file you could see a chart with two series of StackingColumn type. I assume that the result is not correct (there are breaks between the series). Have you any ideas how to solve the problem?

untitled.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 29, 2008 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Grif,

I have analyzed the screenshot attached by you. I believe that the output mentioned in the attached image occurs only when you have three ChartSeries with Stroke and interior properties of second ChartSeries is set Transparent respectively.

If this is not scenario that causes you the issue then kindly mention the ChartSeries data so that I could help you overcome this issue.

Let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Athaur Rahman GS

GR grif February 29, 2008 01:57 PM UTC

Thanks for the quick response.

> I believe that the output mentioned in the attached image occurs only when you have three ChartSeries with Stroke and interior properties of second ChartSeries is set Transparent respectively.

No, there are only 2 ChartSeries added to the ChartArea.

I guess I've found the cause of the problem. The problem occurs when data passed as XAxis is not sorted (i.e. when I pass a DataView as a Source for ChartBindingData object and the DataView content is not sorted by the column that is set as ChartBindingData.XPath).

I hope this feature will be fixed or will be added to the knowledge base.

Regards,

Grigory

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2008 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Grigory,

Thanks for the update. My analysis was limited since I didn't had enough information about the issue except for the screenshot. I had verified the scenario mentioned by you and came to conclusion that it is a defect. I have logged an issue to the developers regarding this and it will be fixed soon.

Let me know for further queries.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Athaur Rahman

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon