We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drag and drop from one grid to another

If I have two GridGroupingControls, is there a way to enable drag and drop of a row from one GridGroupingControl to another GridGroupingControl ?

I saw a posting with a work arond for version 4.2.X. Since we are now at 6.2.x, is there a way to accomplish this without a work around?

If this is possible, please show me a sample and the event where after the row is dropped into the 2nd grid. I need this event to change certain data in the DB. For eg., if GGC1 has a list of "open" cases. I want to be able to drag and drop a row into GGC2 which is a list of "closed" cases. So I'll need an event where I can write code there.

Thanks.

Ivan

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2008 05:58 AM UTC

Hi Ivan

Thank you for your patience.

Issue 1: enable drag and drop of a row from one GridGroupingControl to another GridGroupingControl ?

Currently, we are handle the Control.DragOver and Control.DragDrop events to do implement the Drag & Drop functionality In a GridGroupingControl. In a future release, the GridGroupingControl will be extended to directly support OLE Drag & Drop. Please refer the below KB link for more details.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=235

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Vishnu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon