We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Windows Explorer-like grid behavior

I'd like to set up a grid that behaves much like Windows Explorer with respect to selecting and dragging, but I'm having trouble getting the right combination of options and overrides.

Here is what I would like:

- A click on any cell in a row selects that entire row. Ctrl and shift-click multiple select works as in Explorer.

- There is no ‘swipe-select’ like in Excel where additional cells are selected by click-hold-dragging across cells.

- Instead, click-hold-dragging needs to be interpreted as the start of a drag of all selected rows after the mouse has moved a certain distance.

- The drag start behavior needs to happen regardless of where within the cell the click occured (not just around the cell edges as seems to be the default).

- If you left click in a cell and let up on the mouse button without moving far enough to start a drag, the mouse up event needs to put the cell into edit mode.

Any hints on how to achieve the above would be appreciated.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2008 03:04 PM UTC

Hi DaveS,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are working on the forum.. we will update you soon.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2008 10:47 AM UTC

Hi DaveS,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

Excel like behavior

You can achieve the desired excel like behaviour by setting the ListBoxSelectionMode property of the GridGrouping Control. Below is the code snippet:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended;

If you left click in a cell and let up on the mouse button without moving far enough to start a drag, the mouse up event needs to put the cell into edit mode

By default, if you click a cell in GridGrouping Control, the cell is in edit mode when you release the left mouse button that is at the time of mouse up event triggering.

Kindly have a look into the sample available in the link below and please let me know if it helps:

http://websamples.syncfusion.com//samples/Grid.Windows/F72022/main.htm

Regards,
Subhasheela R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon