We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Numeric controls binding to 0

Issue 7018 describes a problem with IntegerTextBoxes not being able to display a 0 when NullString is set to string.Empty and UseNullString is set to True.
The problem was that when the control was bound to a data source and the user typed in "0" and tabbed out, the control would revert to an empty string (or Null?) instead of displaying the value 0.

I notice this has been fixed in the latest libraries but the same problem is still happening with Double, Currency and other numeric controls.

For example:
If I have a DoubleTextBox bound to a datasource and the current value is null, then the control displays nothing (which is correct) but if I type in "0" and tab out (or click out) of the control, the control will display blank when I think it should display the value it was just given (0).
This happens when these properties are set:
NullString = string.Empty;
UseNullString = true;

I've been waiting for about a year for this to be fixed and have posted numerous forum messages as well as used Direct Track track this problem. When will this very basic problem with binding to numeric controls be fixed?

3 Replies

MA Mark Atkinson February 26, 2008 07:54 PM UTC

This issue is supposedly fixed in Incident 37625 but it's still not working.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 5, 2008 05:14 PM UTC

Hi Mark ,

I have tested this issue in a simple application with Essentail studio V6.2.0.7. But i was not able to reproduce the issue. I have attached my test sample and it works fine in v6.2.0.7

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F72013/main.htm

Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regrds,
Nagaraj

MA Mark Atkinson March 7, 2008 11:15 PM UTC

I'll try and get a sample together or modify the test sample.
In the test sample, it's probably not re-proable because the binding is using the DecimalValue instead of the BindableValue. It's my understanding that, if you want to bind to NULL, you have to use the BindableValue.

>Hi Mark ,

I have tested this issue in a simple application with Essentail studio V6.2.0.7. But i was not able to reproduce the issue. I have attached my test sample and it works fine in v6.2.0.7

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F72013/main.htm

Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regrds,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon