We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with Example: GGC_Combo

Hi

I have found a problem in the example where you show how to have different datasources on different rows in a combobox column.

(http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F68654/main.htm)

If a datasource is set for the combo-column and the combo items are filtered (see enclosed example), the original datasource shows up and the filter is ignored if you double click the combo. If you click the open-combobox-button, it works as expected.

This behaviour is only found if you have set the columns dropdownstyle to GridDropDownStyle.Exclusive.

Regards,
Johan

Form1.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2008 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Johan,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The original datasource shows up and the filter is ignored:

In the sample which is given in the above link(http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F68654/main.htm) we showed how to use different datasources on different cells in the same combobox column. But in your code you have used different datasouces on the same cell. That is why the problem occurs.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
G.Yavana.

JO Johan March 17, 2008 02:27 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

If we look at the original example then, there is still a problem. When you double-click in one of the cells (where the datasource is set when the dropdown opens) then the drop down part is shown as empty. I.e. the TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown-event is never triggered if you open the drop down part by double clicking the cell instead of using the "dropdown-button". Is there any way that this problem can be worked around?

Regards,
Johan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 31, 2008 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your update.

TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown event will fire only when CurrentCell is showing the DropDown part. On double clicking the current cell will not show the drop down and the event will not get fired.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon