We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Which calculation engine product to use?

I am currently evaluating Syncfusion's calculation engine related products for use in a portfolio compliance application that I am developing. This application will provide a user interface that will allow the user to define a compliance specification that will be used in a background process (i.e., no user interface) to process portfolio compliance requests. For example, a trader submits a compliance approval request for a portfolio trade to the server application. The application loads the previously defined compliance specification, imposes the defined calculations and returns the result to the trader.

The compliance specification structure includes the following:

1. One, or more, grids that contain a) current portfolio data that is loaded from a data source and b) additional calculated columns that are defined by the user.

2. Named formulas that are defined by the user and can contain a) fixed values (e.g., “=3”), b) references to one or more grids (e.g., ”= SUM(Grid1!B1:B5)+SUM(Grid2!A1:A3)”), or c) other named formulas (e.g. “=MyNamedFormula + MyOtherNamedFormula”).

Given the above, I would like to use Syncfusion's calculation engine product in two settings. First, I want to use it with a user interface to define the compliance specification. And second, I want to use it in a background process with no user interface to execute all of the required calculations.

Which product(s) should I use to achieve the above requirements?

I imagine that I would use the GridFormulaEngine product to define the compliance specification since there would be a user interface involved. However, what about the background processing? The functionality is basically the same. The difference is that there is no user interface.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 7, 2008 01:19 PM UTC

Hi James,

You can follow your direct trac incident 41765 regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Jisha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2008 09:39 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1. Are the above requirements readily achievable with your product(s)?

The Essential GridControl supports Cross Sheet references. Please refer the below sample in the sample browser:
{install drive}\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\FormulaSupport\CrossSheetReference
This sample implements this feature with two sheets: ‘Display’ and ‘Calculations’. The Display sheet accepts the parameters such as Salary details, Insurance Policy details, Loan details and then computes the annual income of the given employee. The sheet Calculations computes the tax deductions due to insurance policy and personal loan.

2. Background processing does not have a user interface.
You can use CalcEngine if the background processing does not have a user interface.

Kindly let me know if this helps.
Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon