We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Context-Menu on right mouse DOWN

I have to implement a context menu over a range of selected cells. In demos I've found to display a context menu, it's always invoked on the mouse up event.

contextMenu = new ContextMenuStrip();
contextMenu.contextMenu.Opening += new System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler(cms_Opening);
contextMenu.ItemClicked += new System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemClickedEventHandler(cms_ItemClicked);
this.ContextMenuStrip = contextMenu;

But this destroys the multiple selected cells.

How can I invoke the context menu with the mouse down event (like Excel does) whithout changing the grids selection range?

Or - if this is possible - how can I achieve that a right click does not alter the selected cells, when the context menu is invoked on the mouse up event?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2008 06:14 AM UTC

Hi AndreasG,

You can set the property so that a right-click will not affect the current selection settings.

this.GridControl1.Model.Options.SelectCellsMouseButtonsMask = Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Left;

This should prevent the currently selected range from changing. If there is no selection when you click, you can get the clicked row and col using;

int row = 0;
int col = 0;
Point pt = this.GridControl1.PointToClient(Control.MousePosition);
this.GridControl1.PointToRowCol(pt, row, col);

Let us know if this is not what you needed.

Regards,

Asem.

AN AndreasG February 21, 2008 08:57 AM UTC

Perfect! Thank you!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon